Friday, February 28, 2014

What to plant for deer?


There are many things to plant for a deer. Most people plant there grasses or oats on a food plot. There are many things to plant in a food plot. I have always planted rye-grass and clover. Those seem to do the trick most of the time, but it all depends on where you live. My uncle hunted in Missouri and said he saw a 2 ½ year old deer that looked about the size of a 4 year old deer here in Alabama. But you must keep in mind that those deer soy-beans and corn which is a super big protein provider and It’s so cold up there they must have more meat on their bones. Anyway, I like to hunt over acorns such as white acorns. They eat them up. Hunting is an all year around thing if you are serious about it. You can always plant red clover, rape; just whatever you feel works where you live.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty excited about your videos. I would really plan out what you need, who you need, etc this week.

    ReplyDelete