Friday, February 14, 2014

What kind of deer to kill?


On this blog we will talk managing white-tail deer. I live in Alabama so I don’t know how to manage different types of deer. Anyway, the subject on this blog is what not to kill and what to kill. My dad always said. If its outside the ears and the antlers look tall shoot it. Now there is a lot more to that and he told me everything, but you can tell a lot about how old a deer is by looking at it. If he has a big head and a dent in the forehead and a curve back and just looks old, well he’s old. You really need to study the deer and make sure that the deer you are about to put a bullet through is worth putting a bullet through. You really need to look at the deer. Make sure it’s a big deer and he isn’t some two year old deer that has a basket-rack that can grow a lot more. You need to hunt with someone experienced and learn from them, because in hunting practice, watching, and listening is the best way to learn.

 

Also check out me and my friend YouTube channel, we discuss deer management: http://www.youtube.com/user/DeerManagers

1 comment:

  1. Glad I finally found your blog - haha - I am looking forward to your work!

    ReplyDelete